Thursday, April 24, 2008

our tuesday

4:55 p.m. at work on tuesday and i received a less than nice email. well, a nasty email to be exact. unfortunately, i've gotten used to them lately from this specific client and it's forcing me to learn the fine art of not taking things personally. so i read the two choice words that start with f and end in u and were so eloquently attached to my name and i smiled, shut down my computer, grabbed my stuff and walked out the door. i thought to myself that life is just too damn short to let my day be ruined by someone like her or something as nasty as that. so when i got home i told alan and ted that we were going to go out to celebrate. i didn't have an answer for what exactly we would be celebrating, but i didn't care.

ted celebrated that he has great ideas.
alan celebrated that he is doing good in school.
alan told me that i should celebrate being a good mom. we all agreed but then decided that i could decide what i celebrated.
i celebrated that i've been swimming regularly and that it has improved my life.
and we all decided to celebrate that maya was over the "disease" (decided as she shoved food into her mouth)

it was a good time. and a nice change of pace for a tuesday night.

what can you celebrate?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea for the Scanlons! I celebrate you...

sarah said...

you're awesome! i celebrate our friendship so i can get inspired by you from things like this!

Michelle said...

I love your blog Marie!
You've inspired me
http://daysofmoslife.blogspot.com/