Tuesday, April 15, 2008

just keep swimming

so i've been swimming lately. i go with sarah on my lunch hour and i love it. she wrote a cool post about water and swimming on her blog http://onewholaughs.wordpress.com/ (November 20 "and it feels like flying") when she started swimming. i'm not that cool, but i will say that i smell like chlorine constantly, my hair is probably turning green as we speak, i spend half of every day with wet hair and sometimes i can't hear because there is water in my ear, but it's so worth it! woohoo!!

it is hard to get used to doing an excercise regime where I can't breathe for half the time i'm working out. sometimes i have a small panic attack when my face is in the water about not being able to breathe but then it's time to suck some air in again and the feeling goes away until i stick my face back in the water. it motivates me to swim faster so I can breathe more often, but then i breathe harder and freak out more often.

yeah. i'm hoping to get over that soon. i'm also hoping to get over my fear of naked old ladies.

i'm pretty convinced that the some people get off on the whole "locker room" experience. come on! don't you know that eve ate the apple and we are suppossed to be embarrassed and ashamed to be naked???? some people must not read the old testament part of their Bible. i just don't think it's too much to ask to change into your clothes before you brush your hair or wring out your swimsuit. am i wrong, or isn't that a little weird for everyone involved?

i know for sure these other women in the locker room read the new testament because they already know exactly what's going to happen when the world ends. i almost told them that i believe that Christians will NOT be raptured before the tribulation (gasp!) when i remembered that God is about love and not about being a smart ass.

i need to remember that way more often. (big sigh).

4 comments:

brad said...

I also have a great fear of naked old ladies.

Manda said...

Is your problem with prolonged "hey look at me" nudity, or quick nudity? I mean it is a LOCKER room, and I personally find it hard to shower, or to change in/out of a bathing suit without getting naked. That said, the women who like hang out naked annoy me too. Just my two cents...

sarah said...

oh c'mon marie...."revelation CLEARLY says"....how can you argue w/ that???
(and also...what about revelation is "clear"?)

and about the nudity thing...doesn't it seem to you like the fatter the lady the longer she finds a reason to stay naked? although, i must say that i notice it way less now than i did a year ago. i bet i'll be accidentally walking out of the locker room w/out a shirt on by next summer.

Scanfam said...

my problem is definately with drawn out "i love to be naked" nudity. you can love it in the privacy of your own home, in my humble opinion. some women seem to have their suits off before they make it down the hallway to the locker room. and then they stand at the machine that wrings it out and on and on. and i'm not talking about the old ladies who are nude for long periods of time just because they move slow....i give them some grace.