Tuesday, May 20, 2008

my favoritist day

my mom was out of town on monday so i got to take the day off work and stay home with maya and be home when alan got home from school. maya and i had a pretty good time cleaning out the fridge (me cleaning and her taking the cheese and tofu out and throwing it at me over and over again.) and running errands. i finally let her take a nap in the afternoon and then i accidently woke her up and decided to just get her up again so i could play with her some more. I didn't want to miss anytime with her. then alan came home and kept telling me that i was "good" and "cool" because I had bought a wading pool, i had cucumbers and ranch dip for a snack and we were going to make oatmeal raisen cookies.

to top it off, Ted barbecued chicken and we ate corn on the cob outside on our deck. i love this time of year!

this morning when I told Alan I would be at work again and not home when he got home from school he said "dang it. I wanted to see you again." I almost felt as sappy as a kodak commercial and I was definately as happy as the little girl staying in Cinderella's castle. i love that kid.

this is the part where someone reminds me that if I did this everyday, I might not appreciate it so much. then maybe I won't feel so guilty and sad about having to work full time.

2 comments:

brad said...

Would it make it better or worse if I mentioned it might be that good every day, and you wouldn't take it for granted, but love love love it?

Or maybe not.

Anonymous said...

Trust me, even if it is good every day, you start to take it for granted. Plus if you make cookies every day, you'd all end up with diabetes! Just kidding, but it is nice to savor the moments when you get a chance.